Closed in September 2015, the only movie theater in Laguna Beach, ceased operations after an 80-year run. Built in 1935, this Mediterranean Revival style structure contains over 40 tons of steel. The foundation involved approximately 200 tons of concrete poured onto 105 pilings at least 25 feet deep. The walls were poured in one continuous concrete stream that lasted 27 hours that was referred to as “the best spectator sport in town”. In 1978, the theater was divided into two screens in in order to meet the demands of showing more than one movie at a time.