Lake Park is the first park acquired in Huntington Beach and has served the community since 1912. This five-acre parcel was purchased for $10 in gold from the Huntington Beach Company and was named based on the small fly-fishing lake that was on the land. In 1924, the City funded the construction of a log cabin that was built by the local Boy Scout Troup 1. In 1938 the recreation building, known as the Lake Park Clubhouse was opened and is still used today. In 1968, the park was redesigned, the lake filled with sand, and the playground equipment added.